sony vegas 12, email video

I can't seem to find a way to save a video in format that others can open in their email. Vegas has preset menu to send to u tube etc but not, it seems, to random email recipients. Slow internet connection so file would have to be compressed. Windows media player would be great to open as just about everyone has it. suggestions appreciated.

spirit

Staff member
I've not used Vegas for a few years now but just render your video in a format such as WMV with a low bitrate and low resolution and then simply attach the rendered file in an email.

It's not really ideal emailing videos because usually you're limited to attachments around 20-30MB in size which is tiny for a video. You'd be better off putting it on YouTube as a private or a linked video or uploading it to somewhere like OneDrive or Dropbox or Google Drive and sharing the link with people in an email. I know your internet is slow, but at least that way you could share a higher quality version of your video.

thanks for the advice. I avoid Google now because they have posted a lot of my very personal emails on line for everyone to read. I'll try simple emails.

spirit

Staff member
thanks for the advice. I avoid Google now because they have posted a lot of my very personal emails on line for everyone to read. I'll try simple emails.

In that case then you either need some serious compression software or need to render at a really low resolution to get the video under 20MB.