Sound card/speaker help

rocket9

Hi there, i just had a few questions maybe you guys can answer..

I currently have an on board VIA AC'97 Enchanced Audio(WAVE) as my sound device at the moment. Im planning on getting a 5 piece system (sub with 4 satallite speakers) For speakers im looking at either these for $95 canadian Logitech xtrusio or these Logitech Z540 for $54 canadian ,then for a soundcard im thnking of getting this SB Live for $40 canadian...So which speakers should i get? i would use them for music, some games, dvds, tv tuner. Also Id like to know if the AC'97 audio i have is good or bad or if it will support any good speakers...Well thanks alot --Any help would be great--

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
For $100CAD you can get the Logitech 640s. Ive just replaced my Soundmans with the 640s and dollar for dollar its probably the best deal ive had yet. :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
where did you buy it?
Of all places, Staples actually .... someone dragged me there so they could look for binders and highlighters and crap like that i saw it for $90 and bought it. If you look around now you can prolly nail it for $75CAD if you're lucly.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Never had the 540s... dunno why you'd get them when thr 640s (their replacements) are bloody cheap (and are 5.1 as opposed to 4.1 if i recall correctly). Now the 640s... for their price they are damn nice