Sound Card???

TheCompFailure

I am pretty new to this forum so if this isn't the right section let me know please. Right now i am working on my first computer build and I would like to know where i could get a nice cheap sound card. I don't really need anything special and i have no expertise in this area. My build is going to be mostly for gaming but i also want it to be a learning experience at the same time. If you need more information, just let me know and tell me a good cheap sound card please.:D

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Most motherboards nowadays have onboard audio and will suffice for most people. Does the motherboard you are using have onboard sound or are you wanting a dedicated sound card?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Unless you have good speakers/headphones and are willing to spend >$70 on a soundcard there is no point on getting one.

TheCompFailure

After I was talking to my cousin over steam about it I asked him what sound card to get. He just told me that most mother boards come with sound cards(EPIC FAIL for me). Could some one delete this thread or mark it as solved. Anyway i highly appreciate the answers I got and I'm glad i picked this forum.