sound cards

They're not "great" speakers at all.

They're not good quality audio whatsoever, just like the rest of Logitech's range. The bass overpowers everything else, but it's not good... it's muddy, distorted, horrible bass.

OP: If you want a sound card, buy something like an X-Fi XtremeMusic or XtremeGamer... no point settling for anything less, it's doubtful whether you'd notice much of a difference at all.

lemon07r

They're not "great" speakers at all.

They're not good quality audio whatsoever, just like the rest of Logitech's range. The bass overpowers everything else, but it's not good... it's muddy, distorted, horrible bass.

OP: If you want a sound card, buy something like an X-Fi XtremeMusic or XtremeGamer... no point settling for anything less, it's doubtful whether you'd notice much of a difference at all.

+1
Get the Altec Lansing VS2621.

Geoff

VIP Member
Don't get PC speakers at all. The best thing to do is buy a stereo system and connect it via digital connections to your sound card.

PunterCam

With a £6000 set of speakers, you'll hear a difference in back to back listening, but you'll have no idea which is the "better" sound card.

There are plenty of stereo digital to analogue converters which cost over £2000, so the difference between a £30 sound card and a £100 sound card is features and nothing else. I suspect the bottom of the range creative card has the exact same DAC as the their top of the range card.

linkin

VIP Member
With a £6000 set of speakers, you'll hear a difference in back to back listening, but you'll have no idea which is the "better" sound card.

There are plenty of stereo digital to analogue converters which cost over £2000, so the difference between a £30 sound card and a £100 sound card is features and nothing else. I suspect the bottom of the range creative card has the exact same DAC as the their top of the range card.

That's why i got the Xtreme Audio rather than the Xtreme Gamer or Xtreme Music.

lunchboxx

I have the ASUS Xonar d2, and Logitechs Z-5500 sound system, hooked up digitally.

I absolutely love it, and highly recommend either and both.