Sound is %50 less in vista

matteuk

hi i have just gona frorm windows xp pro to vista ultimate 64 and have noticed a huge decrease in volume in vista i have a creative xfi exteream music i have all the levels on full but its so much quieter than xp i have searched google about this and it seems alotmore people are haveing problems with this to is there someone out there that can fix this becuase my xfi is going to a compleate waste thanks

PC eye

banned
Creative has been "asleep at the switch" for sound drivers and software updates since Vista came out even for the 32bit versions. The latest driver set for the Audigy series still lack EAX support for games. You figure they would have at least got the updates ready for their latest models? HARTY! HAR! HAR! on that one! :rolleyes: It will still be some time before they come out with ones that do work. That's one reason why Vista is the second not "primary" OS here.

ETSA

I have noticed this as well, no support for EAX in games. Soon enough I suppose. Just a waiting game.

matteuk

ok but the volume is bad not just in games but music and aplications and stuff must be at leased half the volume for mp3s and stuff than windows xp

PC eye

banned
Here I used the XP software with the custom option to uncheck a few items like Windows drivers and the audio console in order to have the sound mixer available. Once you make the selection in the Vista update for speakers you can adjust the main volume there as well as the Windows volume control. Make sure that is brought up. The updates seem to lack the mixer.

PC eye

banned
Since you moved into the 64bit version of Vista you probably won't be able to install some of the original software using the custom option seen with the cd that comes along with the sound card. That would include the sound mixer where you can bring up levels for analog input as well as the volume for sounds assigned to Windows functions as well as the master volume. When right clicking on the task bar and going into the properties you can also place a check on the show volume control option as seen here.