Sound problems w/toshiba laptop

filmfemme

I purchased my a-70 toshiba laptop at the end of august, and recently it's started making loud grinding type noises whenever I start up the computer. I've tried cleaning out the fan, and it worked for a while, but it's stopped solving the problem. When I'm running the computer, the fan is very loud, even when I have it set on silent mode. Also, the sound on my computer has become really quiet, whether playing on the speakers or with head phones. How bad is this situation?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Fans...once they start to die there's not much you can do. I tried to oil some in my old system but eventually they just about locked up on me and I just had to replace them... Your best bet would be to try and find a new one that would fit in your system if it's not under warrenty anymore.

As for the sound, I'm not too sure what would cause that. I assume all the volume controls(WAV and Master) are turned up? Usally sound cards don't just get really quiet, they just work or don't work... Now, I have had my amplifier die in a set of speakers, but I don't think a laptop would have that problem. Besides, I just lost all sound from the speakers when that happened.

Sal Paradise

Sound Simple Problem Solution

I own a Toshiba A-65 S-126 (Laptop) and I bet the solution to your problem is simple, and I bet there is nothing wrong with your sound card.

Open: Control Panel>Sound Effect Manager>Play with the settings, find something you like. :)