Sound solutions for laptops?

Good afternoon all,
I'm doing some christmas shopping and wanted to give something that would make their laptop sound better (louder, better quality, great bass, etc)
They listen to a lot of music and movies on their laptops and I know they could benefit a lot from a good sound amplifier of some kind, but this is a little outside my expertise
I have a Creative xifi soundblaster sound card in my pc and it's made a WORLD of difference in terms of the listening experience, but I know that's not really an option for laptops
Is there a good external hardware solution for this, assuming that they have good enough headphones to listen with/be driven?
I did some googling and came across a bunch of things like audio interfaces and DACs but I don't really think that would make a good enough difference (I used to have an interface for guitar and vocal recording but something like that doesn't really do what I'm looking for)
That being said, the sennheiser GSX 1000 looks a bit promising
Let me know if this should be under another board; I thought about putting this under Sound Cards and Speakers, but I believe what I'm looking for is more of an accessory