SoundBlaster Software won't install

Raggyroller

Hi again.........
I've eventually got the computer to recognise my soundcard after a Win98SE re-install(SoundBlaster Live! Platinum - early version), and I'm actually obtaining sound...
BUT...
Every time I try to install the SoundBlaster software from the CD, it either fails to initialise, throws up errors and faults, or just crashes the machine!!!
I've tried attacking it from various angles..... autorun, and exploring the CD for setup files, but just as it looks as if it's going to start copying files.. the whole thing dies on me!!!!
Is this a software problem, or perhaps a computer problem????
Where else can I go to get a copy of the sofware that'll activate the soundcard with all its facilities????
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raggy. :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Check the memory for problems
2. You get the sofware from the soundblaster site :)

Grimulus

Doesn't sound like a computer problem. Of course there are always files that don't like to intertwine. I've seen this happen on another comp where it wouldn't install without a 98SE cd. Of course this isn't your problem, but creative doesn't make the best software and it seems the software doesn't like anything but itself if you know what i mean. I would run a check disk to see if that might clear up some problems, it's worked for me. If not contact creative.:p(actually don't they are terrible to get on the phone). Just put in the error number and message you get and google search it, someone way smarter than me probably figured it out. and do what praetor said. :p