Soundcard inputs-Line in input V RCA sockets

Robocybo

Can you get as good sound equal to RCA sockets on a soundcard with a blue coloured Line in socket for 2 channel stereo.? Most soundcards only have the single Line in socket to convert LP TO CD. I am not interested in multichannel sound. Hope someone could explain.:confused:

User0one

RCA jacks don't have much to do with it. They make some good Sound Cards that don't have RCA jacks. Probably even a Sound Card built into the motherboard will do a good enough job unless you are a real audiophile.

Link is to a good sound Card that is designed to hook up to Stereo Systems. I have had one of these for about 10 years, and have a Computer hooked up to the Home theater System. I have converted all my old Vinyl Albums to CD's and mp3s.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Audiophile-Digital-Recording-Interface/dp/B00006I5H5

Robocybo

RCA jacks don't have much to do with it. They make some good Sound Cards that don't have RCA jacks. Probably even a Sound Card built into the motherboard will do a good enough job unless you are a real audiophile.

Link is to a good sound Card that is designed to hook up to Stereo Systems. I have had one of these for about 10 years, and have a Computer hooked up to the Home theater System. I have converted all my old Vinyl Albums to CD's and mp3s.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Audiophile-Digital-Recording-Interface/dp/B00006I5H5

Thanks for responding to my question. I also have a lot of Vinyl which I want to transfer to CD (uncompressed# Most Vinyl people know how good the sound of a clean vinyl record is played with a good cart and stylus.I have used the onboard MB soundcard over time which has the Realtek HD Audio fitted .This was my daughter's desktop PC up to a few years ago and she wanted it for gaming until she started Media studies and went with a MAC. Hence I have the PC. I know MP3s are convenient but they are Lossy. Have you ever converted to WAV format which is lossless? #Bigger file though) Also I have read the FLAC format is Lossless and has a smaller file than WAV. Thanks, Rob.

User0one

If you want to make CD's out of your vinyl records, rip the records to the Hard Drive in a wave format. Then burn them to a CD. You can delete the wave format when done, or compress to some other format to store on a computer.

If you want the CD's to have individual tracks, you have to baby sit the record as it plays, and stop and save the recording after each track. Time consuming. It took me a couple years doing about half my collection. Over the years I had already bought CD's for about the other half of the vinyl.

With Hard Drives so big now, I now have all my music just stored on a computer in a wave format, though I also have ripped them as mp3's at both 160, and 320 kbs for my mp3 player, and my travel Laptop which only has a 250 gig drive.

mp3's sound fine on a mp3 player, or a PC with cheap Computer speakers, but when I play a mp3 on a good Home Stereo at 200 watts per Channel they really suck, especially the tunes that have a lot of bass.

The first time I played back some mp3 Rock N Roll tunes on the Home Stereo System I thought the Stereo's Amplifier had broken they sounded so bad. Then I realized that is why mp3's are called a lossy format, which is short for a lousy format.:)

As far as lossless formats like flac, or ape files, they are about half the size of the wave format, but you can really only play them back on a computer.

At one time I also had most my music saved in a lossless format, but when Hard Drives grew to the huge storage capabilities I finally deleted them and reripped all my music to store on the Home Theater Computer in wave files. It is kind of nice to have all the music stored in uncompressed files and being able to access it with out the need to hunt down the Hard Copy.

Last edited: