space game

DarthJonny

The Star Wars games i listed are not shooters. they are adventure/rpg games. you level up and stuff and there are laser guns, but it's mainly swords, lightsabers, spaceships, explosives and force powers :D

They kept me going when all i had was an 8600gt, they are not that demanding.

i have them both on xbox.
ive played them quite extensivly.

computernoob1

What about Mass Effect?
I don't know if you can call it a sim but you get your own spaceship, you can explore the galaxy whenever you want, you get guns and armour you can modify.
Here's is me on the moon looking up at Earth
6ef3gp.jpg

DCIScouts

VIP Member
If you're looking for a single-player thing, then X2 or X3 is definitely what you're looking for. There's nothing that comes close to the scale of that game, you can play the actual storyline, or ignore it completely and build your own financial empire among many other things... If you're looking for more of a multi-player type of thing, Eve is pretty close to the same thing, I've played both, and both are really really good. A bit technical, but if that's what you're looking for, then it's perfect.

Oh, and I should mention that X2 and X3 come in a combo pack from Steam for a whopping $10.99 right now, pretty darn good deal. And since they've got virtually unlimited replayability, can't go wrong!

Rodoni

Escape velocity FTW! I love that game. I think they only have it for a PC platform though. I would love to have it for my PC.

Twist86

im not looking for a shooter

i want a game where the main thing is flying a space ship, you can fight, be a trader, merc, all that fun stuff. travel and explore the universe.

Spore? You end up in space at the "end" of the evolution track. It might be right up your ally.