Space problem

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
My guess is that the 800 MB file is video file, so it's not a good choice to compress it.
The 800 MB could be written on a 700 MB disk without the correction CRCs. But if the cd get scratched, the cd would become unusable.
So it's better to convert that video file with such settings that decrease it's final size below 700 MB.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The 800 MB could be written on a 700 MB disk without the correction CRCs
It can be done natively if the video file is a (S)VCD -- not so with a straight up DataCD.... well ... you *could* use 800MB/900MB media :)

Vaibhav

Its not an image.I intend burning the file using NERO 5.5.8.3. The exact size is 728MB and it is already zipped form 735MB or round about that.So i need to compress it by about 5%.Will NERO burn the file on a 700MB cd without damaging the SONY writer which i will be using?
Also is there a way to transfer the above file from one PC to another to other via the net?

Eiremax

Try WInRAR HAS Better Compression rate then WinZip in some instances try that,

What Game are ye copyin???

Vaibhav

The file in question is in my Laptop.Can i transfer it to my PC over the net somehow without using a cable.
The laptop modem says phone busy when i connect directly to the phone connection without using the handset.how can this be solved.

Vaibhav

Then why the hell does my laptop have a modem?

What is a multisession CD?
I copied the file i wanted i wanted in parts in two CDs.But then i came to know that i could have utilised the space.How?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The modem is for connecting to the internet thru telephone line, the NIC is for connecting to a network router (or to a cable modem, or directly to another computer, etc.).
If you use the "multisession" option when writing a CD, you can copy more files to it later (in another burning session) until filling up the whole space of it.

Scrapped>.<

Praetor said:
1. You can overburn 735MB
2. You can use 730MB media and overburn
3. You can use 800MB and be done with it
4. www.rarsoft.com

How does the over burn work? how do i enable this setting in my computer?
what are the rasks useing overburn?

the cd i have is 700MB but it always shows up like 702MB. so if i over burn how much will it be? like how many mbs? for example 710mb afther the overburn.