spam text message..

joediscus

i just got a text message to my cell phone from a computer today.. i'm assuming it was from some site that i had put my phone number on.. what do you guys think.. is my computer infected.. was it some site.. or was it random.. and are we to start expecting junk to our cell phones now.. man that would really suck if i start getting junk texts all of the time.. btw i didn't respond.. assuming its like the junk email that you open a link in and they know its a live account... anyway... let me know what you think...
thanks

youtin

Consider yourself lucky. Here in my country we get CONSTANT text message spam.. from the network providers themselves, not including the random obvious text scams that we receive as well.

joediscus

man that really sucks! hopefully that isnt becoming the case... you guys use your cellphones alot more for internet usage there though dont you.. i had heard something about the release of cellphone numbers to solicitors.. doesnt sound good to me.. unless they want to start paying for my minutes and texts..