Speaker Choice Help

Undeniable

Hey Im new here and I'm looking for advice. I have read alot of these forums for other issues in the past and now I'm looking for a few people to throw in some insite. I am having problems trying to figure out what Speaker set up to use on my PC. I use it for alot of game, watching movies and alot of music production/mixing. Well pretty much I use it for everything. The problem is Im not sure what route to go on speakers or maybe an outside reciever. I would like to have 5.1 surround if possible and I want to be able to crank it with minimal distortion.(when the kids and wife is gone).I had a set of Logitec X540's amd I loved the sound but at higher volume the low end started to distort way to much. Those are dead and now I am asking for some advice before I drop more cash. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Undeniable

I would like to say yes but unfortunatly I can't.I would like to spend a couple hundred bucks if that. I do prefer 5.1 if posible. If I haveto go the receiver and speaker route then I will end up buying the speakers in pairs instead of all at once. Agian thanks for any help.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
If you lean towards the music and music production side then i would suggest the M-Audio AV40. They're definitely the best for the money and they produce sound far more accurately than any 5.1 systems in that budget range.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836127004&Tpk=m-audio av40

If you lean more heavily towards movies and games then a set of 5.1 speakers will probably serve you better. The sound quality would be far inferior but you'll get the shake-the-house bass and loudness.

Undeniable

Yes I was thinking about the M audio ones. I heard a set and it was unbelievable. I never thought a pair of 4 inch speakers could produce a rich sound. I was thinking about running a 4.1 setup at one time with 4 M Audios and finding a self powered sub but then trying to configure it would be a pain....

And on the G51's..I heard those were awesome for gaming but I thought those was dicontinued?...Those are similar to the X540's I had other then a bigger sub and the shape of the surrounds....not to mention the huge price tag.

Maybe I could get 2 systems set up. hahaha...One for gaming and videos and one for music...DAMN to many choices.
Thanks for all your help. and keep the suggestions coming, I have yet to actually decide haha.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
You could also set up a system of 2 M-audios and a powered sub. The sub will give you the extra punch in the deep end for games and movies and the 2 maudios will cover anything from 85hz up.

Undeniable

I wonder if I could make a 5.1 set up out of the M audios? They are self powered I would just have to figure out on a powered sub....That should be an insane setup IMO.

Hugh9191

For music production I'd be going for the M-Audios or similar monitor speakers. For mixing music you want speakers which give out a natural/flat sound which you won't get out of a standard 5.1 setup.