Speaker Question?

Flash_AAA

I just bought a Sound blaster live card but have a question. I have LCD speakers but its plugged into the mobo. Is it possible to have one in the mobo and the other in the Sound card?

Flash_AAA

I want my speakers and Monitor speakers to work in unison. I don't want to disable the LCD Speakers. I want to know if i can have the LCD plugged in the intergrated mobo sound and my speakers in my SB live card at the same time.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I want my speakers and Monitor speakers to work in unison. I don't want to disable the LCD Speakers. I want to know if I can have the LCD plugged in the intergrated mobo sound and my speakers in my SB live card at the same time.
I dunno about your onoboard but you can definitely do it (easily) with the sound card. Just plug the monitor in one line-out and the speakers in another. Of course another way of doing things is getting a y-splitter :)

joelkyr

I think what he meant is that he has an onboard soundcard, if your gonna put a SB audio card you have to disable the onboard first and install the SB sound card.

MY RIG;
ASUS P4P800SE
P4 3.4HT
1024/TWINX512-3200XL CORSAIR
120GB MAXTOR/8MB

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Of course if you're doing something like voice chatting it might be a good idea too so you can have separate volume controls for chats and games :)