Speaker Recommendations for listening to music

JC Denton

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to find some good speakers to listen to music but not sure how much money I should spend, I found these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-98...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1313538842&sr=1-1

But not sure if they'll be too good to spend the money on as I only have £100 to spend but I don't really want to spend a half of it on just speakers cause I'm poor.

Anyone possibly have a good recommendation of good speakers that will clearly spit some good music so you can hear all the instruments and vocals clearly and are just really good?

Thank you

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Don't get Logitechs for music. They're better for movies and games with booming bass. Either go with the above suggestions of receiver + bookshelf speakers, or get yourself a set of semi-decent Klipsche Promedia 2.1 speakers. You can also go with some cheap monitors if you don't require a lot of bass.

bengal85

I have 2.1 Cyber Acoustics spearkers picked em up for 25 bucks...BEST PURCHASE I EVER MADE. they are great for movies and sound great with music. they are clear sounding and really good quality

daisymtc

I have a pair of black Audioengine 2, and thinking of sell it for around £100. Let me know if you interest

Reviews here.
http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/1207ae/

M-Audio AV40 would be another one you could look at.
Samson StudioDock 3i could use as both pc speaker and docking ipod.
But both AV40 and Samson is not that small.

Last edited:

dave1701

I have found Logitech speakers to be terrible. Buy Klipsch pro-media 2.1s. That's what I've got. Great speakers.

clquestor

I use and will continue to use Harman/Kardon speakers. Some laptops (Toshiba) as of late have shipped with them but those aren't as good as a stand alone pair for a desktop. They have several models, right now I just use a pair but you can add a sub if you want. The quality is amazing.

JaredC.

dave1701, The only Logitech speaker setup that I've heard that is terrible are the $50-$100 2.1 setups. But I will agree by no means are logitech speakers on a "audiophile" level, but the clartiy in their THX certified line up is outstanding in comparison to other spearkers in the price range.

yoyojoe

Audioengine

i vote for Audioengine anything they make is great also m audio bx5a's are awesome a bit pricey bet well worth it