Speakers make scratchy, slow sound

Chris Wilson

Hey guys. I have a stock dell inspiron 7559. Windows 10, i7, 16gb of ram, nvidia 960. My problem is that when im playing any type of audio whether it be music, video, etc. and i unplug the charger, the music slows way down and sounds very distorted, like the matrix! I've noticed also if playing music and scrolling through a webpage which is filled with a bunch of media, it does the same thing. Any ideas? It's a "fresh" install of windows 10. Meaning, the install is about 7 months old but was done by me, formatted hard drive, etc. Dell drivers. i keep my computers very clean and am careful with what i load onto them, so i'm not thinking it's any type of infection issue. It's an 8 month old computer. Speakers work fine otherwise.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check to make sure all your drivers are up to date such as sound and video. Other than that, contact dell for support.

Chris Wilson

I did check for sound, video, etc. drivers, even uninstalled and deleted old drivers/software and reinstalled. Dell is always the least bit of help and annoy me to no end when it comes to fixing a computer. I've even had to tell them what the problem was and walk them through troubleshooting just to get parts sent out to me. I'm not new to computers by any means, but can't figure out the link between the issue and the symptoms.

Chris Wilson

I have noticed that when i have headphones connected via bluetooth, the sound seems fine. i have not tried with wired headphones yet.