Speakers making irritable noise

pwven

My speakers is making a small high pitched noise all the time, sounds like interference from something, how can I solve the problem?
It also sounds like an incorrect driver but I have downloaded the latest drivers and no improvement. The sound is from the motherboard. I also installed a separate small PSI sound card and that also did not help.
My system is
Motherboard – Gigabite H55M – USB3
Sound driver downloaded and installed – Realtek ALC 889 Codec
Running Windows 7 64 bit

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

dave1701

Plug them into an MP3 player or another computer or phone. If it keeps making the noise, the amp is bad and you need to start looking for new speakers.

Fatback

VIP Member
Mine where doing the same thing after I moved. Found out I had the sub plugged into the wrong port and it was causing a high pitched sound when I turned the volume up past 50%. Make sure everything is plugged into the right port. If that doesn't work try testing them on something else. If the problem continues its the speakers.

maxxielol123

what speakers do you have?
my friend had a pitched noise too.
he had 2 KRK RP5`s and those are 2 monitor speakers.
if you have 2 monitors that have a amplifier in it you should take a look at this:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/HA400.aspx

i am not a pro with audio but i think that is what you need;)
the amplifier at your speakers may get a bad signals, this thing(or an other mini amp) will do good:)

when i say something wrong please let me see what kind of thing is better;)

pwven

Plug them into an MP3 player or another computer or phone. If it keeps making the noise, the amp is bad and you need to start looking for new speakers.

Thanks for your comments dave1701. Have swapped the speekers with another computer and other speakers make the same noise on my computer. I am starting to think it comes from the mother board.

pwven

what speakers do you have?
my friend had a pitched noise too.
he had 2 KRK RP5`s and those are 2 monitor speakers.
if you have 2 monitors that have a amplifier in it you should take a look at this:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/HA400.aspx

i am not a pro with audio but i think that is what you need;)
the amplifier at your speakers may get a bad signals, this thing(or an other mini amp) will do good:)

when i say something wrong please let me see what kind of thing is better;)

Hi maxxielol123. Thanks for your comments. The speakers are free standing and is powered by USB. I have three sets of speakers and all the speakers make the same noise on my computer.