speakers with REALLY sick bass?

Bob Jeffery

Is there anyone else that can help with the actual problem we are dealing with, not just recommending subs :mad: We are trying to figure out if he hooks the sub to the sub output and the front output to the z-2300s on the sound card will he still get bass on the z-2300s

Hugh9191

Id get a home hifi amp with a pre amp output (look on ebay, some older ones have them), a pair of hifi speakers and a powered sub. Take the pre amp out to the sub and the sound card to the amp. Simple as =)

shempf

You've found out why HTiB stuff is cheap, one reason at least.

get receiver, connect spkrs & sub.

Pre-out is not needed unless you run an outboard amp.

Don't understand your system so I don't know if you can split the signal....amazon shows the unit gets it's power from sub, so seems impossible to me.

P.S. there is no such thing as a 'bass amp'
specs, or lack of, won't tell you which is better on low end subs
av123 $300 & some others for $150ish (you'd have to search)

Last edited:

StickyMan

Oh Totally the Logitech G-51 5.1 - hands down

EVEN THOUGH money would be better spent on decent home theatre speakers/subs etc - I decided in the shortterm to grab some speakers from the local online store and came across Notebook City (www.notebookcity.co.nz) which was selling the Logitech G-51 5.1 for like $NZ215 and considered it a cheap alternative - but I never realised how much base it produced for the price. Granted these are cheap comparisons to $2000+ home theatre solutions - but bang for your buck? Logitech G-51 hands down

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Is there anyone else that can help with the actual problem we are dealing with, not just recommending subs :mad: We are trying to figure out if he hooks the sub to the sub output and the front output to the z-2300s on the sound card will he still get bass on the z-2300s

I apologize :rolleyes: (<- I have no idea what I put that smilie there :p)

To use original speakers + the new "subs":

Buy 3.5mm Splitter ("Headphone Splitter")

Buy 3.5mm to RCA coverter

^ Both should run shipped less than $5.

Figure out how much you want to spend on the subs. And how loud you want to be. 3 main type of boxes (make an huge difference):

Ported, Sealed, Bandpass. Bandpass being the most... loudest, consisting of a sealed partition and a ported partition.

Then you start to look for the subs. Avoid brands such as: Pyrmid, Pyle, Radioshack, Dual, Roadmaster, VR3, if you intend for true "hard-hitting" bass.

Go into something more known, Kicker Competitions, MTX, JBL, JL Audio, Pioneer... even Kenwood is alright :)

Amplifier - Pricey, don't overpower your subs.