Specs For My New Computer

dankup

New Member
Basically I'm getting a new computer. But I don't want to buy a whole new one, I'm getting different good parts and putting them together. This is cheaper and more reliable because you have a choice of your parts. Here's what I have so far. Well in my mind I didn't buy anything yet:

Motherboard (Can't exceed $110.00) : http://www.canadacomputers.com/index...8&cid=MB. 350

Processor (Can't exceed more than 45W because then the Power Supply has to be bigger. If I'm correct, this is the best processor from AMD with 45W. It's an AMD but I can go for an Intel I don't really care. But then obviously the motherboard has to change. I would like it to be Dual Core and not Quad Core because they are less expensive) : http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...?EdpNo=3832407

RAM: I'm most likely getting Dual Chanel 4 GB. Can't exceed more than $100.00 (2 strips of 2 GB) : http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...139&CatId=2261

Those are the 1st 3 things I'm looking at. My Hard Drive will either be 320 or 250 GB. What do you think? And what do you think should change? Thank - you in advance. My other question is how Watt's much do all those 3 things (Motherboard, Processor, and RAM) take up? That's regarding a Power Supply. 350W, 400 W? How much should I get?
 
What is your overall budget???
Main use of the PC???

No overall budget but motherboard + RAM + CPU = about $350. And I'm going to play games on it but I don't want to get a "gaming" PC. It's not those kinds of games such as Crysis. Something like Battlefield 2 or FEAR.
 
Back
Top