Speed Increase?

dc157_1

Hi, is there any way to boost the speed of my computer without purchasing anything? I have a AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+, 1.0GB RAM, Radeon 9200 PRO. It runs fine but is there anyway to increase its performance with download speeds/videogames?

PC eye

banned
Some games may see an improvement by simply increasing the memory installed to 2gb. Download speeds also depend on your connection and how many users are logged onto the same game server. You could go with a newer ATI AGP model like a 256mb or even a 512mb card to see a gain there. The model you are currently running will run into problems with the newer versions of the ATI Catalyst. The last one for the ATI Radeon 9550 256mb was the 5.11 with the control panel instead of catalyst for improvement seen in gaming.

Without any changes to the hardwares installed you could go with the newest update with the drivers only option. You may get up to the 6.3 or 6.4 update without problems. A little OCing would be the slight increase of cpu speed to see a 8%-10% speed increase there. One of the best tools is to reduce the number of things set to load along Windows at start time. The msconfig utility can be used to disable non system background services running.

Arm_Pit

banned
He said, without purshacing anything...

What I would first suggest, is defragmenting your harddrive if you have had your PC for a while. Right click on the drive, go to tools then defragment.

PC eye

banned
He said, without purshacing anything...

What I would first suggest, is defragmenting your harddrive if you have had your PC for a while. Right click on the drive, go to tools then defragment.

Apparently you only read part of the previous post. :rolleyes: