Spilled water on keyboard.

heinzbitte

I spilled water on my keyboard last night. I let it dry out for a while, then I started using it again. It worked for a while, except when I held down a key it would go kinda slow. Now I can't shift, I have to use the caps lock key. The shift keys sometimes act as the control keys, and every like 4 or five presses the caps key acts as the windows key. The right windows key works as caps lock and windows key every five or so presses. ctrl shift delete still works in firefox. ctrl alt del doesn't work, unless i push both ctrls and both alt keys then del.

did i mess up the keyboard by using it too soon, or is it still fine but has water in it or something. if it will still work, what is the best way to dry it and for how long.

heinzbitte

I let it stand kind of upright with a fan blowing on it. Now the caps lock and the windows key work fine. The only problem is this shift and ctrl buttons.

heinzbitte

Sorry I can't get it to edit my post.

Both ctrl keys work fine, but the shift keys work as ctrl keys also, I also noticed that the right arrow key and the down arrow key act as the down arrow key.

Do you think it is just still wet

Nini

Maybe its just dead now -.- You should buy on of those spill resistant keyboards.. they arent very expenssive

Nini

heinzbitte said:
ahaha, i plan on buyinga new one if this doesn;'t work by when i get my paycheck.

Ya that would be good

How much water did you spill anyway.. because ive spilled it on mine and it still works perfectly

heinzbitte

hahaha, thats a lot.

I spilled like a 15ish ounces, so almost two cups. It is working a bit better, now just the shift and ctrl keys are messed up.