Splinter Cell Double Agent

GamerMan2.0

I cant get this game to run smooth for the life of me. Has anybody had this problem. I looked for a patch couldnt find one. Im lost as to why it does this.

My Rig:
mobo-MSI K9N Diamond
CPU-AM2 3800+
Ram-2x1gb ddr2 533
Vid card-PNY Verto GeForce7950gt KO 512
Sound-Audigy 2Zs
HD-WD 500gb sataII

I also tried my ATI x1950pro 256mb card (out of my other rig), and its still choppy as heck.

Archangel

VIP Member
checked your pc for spyware/addware? I would guess you have a lot of stuff running in the background. =o

maroon1

I cant get this game to run smooth for the life of me. Has anybody had this problem. I looked for a patch couldnt find one. Im lost as to why it does this.

Splinter Cell Double Agent is a very demanding game.

At what setting do you play the game ? Did you try to turn some settings down ?

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
As always, update drivers and clean for spyware/virus. You have a pretty decent system but It might not hurt to consider backing off one or three settings :). Sometimes it is as simple as turning off one setting (like V-Sync) that makes little difference to gameplay, but allows for better performance.

Punk

Staff member
Yeah turning off graphics option might do it, it works with me on Medal Of Honor (yes I have a crappy computer :D 512 MB RAM)

Monoxide

this game is very demanding indeed. I had lower the graphics. for some reason i can't get the shadows to turn off. that sucks. But overrall its a good game. for the game to run smoothly you need sli big time. your pc's fine. the game just too heavy

there aremy specs:

ati radeon x1800XT 512MB
amd athlon X2 2400+
120GB sata raid
1GB DDR 3200
600w powersupply
achilles atx tower case

Last edited: