SQL question

Dzha2000

Hi Guys.

I have a problem with SQL. I have two servers running 2 separate domains (let's call them old server and new server). I'm trying to migrate users from old to new server. I have a user who need access to SQL on old server (which will not be migrated to new server), but him being on new server. How can I do that without establishing two way trust between domains? was thinking through abour SQL server authentication, but that didn't work either.

if anyone can give me some pointer I would really appreciate it.

Camper

Sql sever Authentication should have fixed the issue assuming that you are using Microsoft SQL server. From what I know about SQL Server 2005 sql authentication is separate account from Active Directory and all you need is a network connection to the server to log on. What SQL Server are you running?

Dzha2000

Sql sever Authentication should have fixed the issue assuming that you are using Microsoft SQL server. From what I know about SQL Server 2005 sql authentication is separate account from Active Directory and all you need is a network connection to the server to log on. What SQL Server are you running?

from what I can tell it is MS SQL 2000.

I thought that would be the case too, but no, I can't connect to the SQL server with SQL authentication.