SSD lifetime expectancy

Hi folks,
I want to build a PC and for the storage(boot drive), I have settled in for a Apacer Thunderbird 64GB SATA III (The motherboard I have apparently supports only SATA II; but that is not the point).
I want to know what is the expected lifetime of the SSD (oh and it's quality is around 4 out of 5 stars;) with use with TRIM, the drive being used up to 24 hours continously.
Thanks for reading this, and if you want any more info about the drive or about the PC; don't hesitate to ask! :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Why would you get a 64GB SSD when you can get 120-256GB for the same or slightly more?

Lifetime will be a read and write limit way beyond whatever you may experience in your lifetime.

C4C

Never heard of that brand personally.

They could last anywhere from 1 year to 5 years depending on how much data is being written, read, and repeated. Unlike a mechanical platter drive, you won't have to worry about the disk not spinning anymore, just keep in mind it will get slower.

As mentioned already, go bigger. It's not that expensive anymore.

beers

Staff member
oh and it's quality is around 4 out of 5 stars
What does that even mean? Most people that write reviews can't even note the difference between subjective and objective material.

The spec sheet lists 158 TB written for write endurance, but without knowing the NAND they're probably just lying.