SSD running slow after fresh install

Ballance1032

Hi, last night I accidentally installed something that infected my computer really bad so I decided to wipe it. I deleted everything and reinstalled windows. After doing this my computer isn't quite as fast as before. For example before it skipped the windows loading screen and now it shows for a second or so. I'm not sure if the drive fully wiped so could be that? Does anyone have any ideas please.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Define slow!!! How long does it take to get to your desktop once the windows splash screen appears?

Ballance1032

Not long it goes to the log in screen and then when i sign in it only takes a few seconds. Honestly its not much slower it just annoys me knowing it was faster.

beers

Staff member
Did you reinstall as UEFI mode or BIOS mode? Did you install all of the chipset drivers after installing windows?

If you Win+R and run msinfo32 there should be a BIOS mode on the screen as one of the line items.

Also, what are your specs?

beers

Staff member
Depends on your hardware. If you have a pretty new platform you might see it boot slightly faster in UEFI mode.

Usually if you force boot the USB stick into the UEFI setting on the boot menu it will install as UEFI.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to swap between the two without reinstalling Windows.