Start is slow

ric27

Recently I got a lot of help here while building a new PC for Photo editing that is doing just great!! My problem today is my daily driver (old computer). I use this machine for WWW @ Email. Spec; 64 bit [email protected], 16G ram + Win10 ,
My only problem with this computer is at start up. It takes almost 4 minutes to completely boot up. In well under 30 sec the screen and task bar are up with all the icons but I can't open the web browser or Email because there start up is still working in the background. Some time back I changed my Startup procedure because it was claimed that if I used this method it would quicken the startup, because the important element of the startup would happen first with others to follow, but all it did was stretch it all out to the pain in the ass 4 min. startup. At this point I don't know what it was I did but sure would appreciate any help I could get to fix it. :)
Ric

uninstall programs and windows services that are not needed for example in windows services disable bluetooth and printer services if you dont use them

aldan

you could get rid if pretty much much all of the programs in that list set to start with windows.i would disable all of them and if i found out later i needed something i would just set it back to start with windows.other than that get an ssd.just clone your old drive to the ssd with a program like macrium reflect free.

ric27

you could get rid if pretty much much all of the programs in that list set to start with windows.i would disable all of them and if i found out later i needed something i would just set it back to start with windows.other than that get an ssd.just clone your old drive to the ssd with a program like macrium reflect free.

Well that did it. It slams open now! I have always been afraid to do that but never again. Thank your so much aklan! :)
Ric

ssal

Since you're not using this machine for anything other than the limited tasked you mentioned, I agree with Aldan that you should disable all of the stuff listed in your startup. The i7 (although it's a 2nd generation) should not take that long. 1 minute is acceptable, but not 4.

aldan

Well that did it. It slams open now! I have always been afraid to do that but never again. Thank your so much aklan! :)
Ric
no sweat,been there.but as was mentioned,think about an ssd.you will not be disappointed.