start up

Fankango

When i start up my computer it say goes to a black screen with white lettering. there is windows XP and windows safemode. I have never notice this before but what i am woundering is should i be worryed or is it just how it always started up and i didn't notice before now. Thanks

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Very strange if windows is booting into safe mode. For day to day operation you certainly dont want it doing that.

Oh ya, what OS is it again?

Deathrow

Theres more likely a problem with ur setup or components, what does the white writing say besides the safe mode options?

Fankango

it is not going in to safe mood it is just giving me a chose but today when i started up my computer it wasn't there. weird.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry it sounded as though you where saying it would start up in safe mode :).. My bad.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
There is a menu called "Advanced Options menu" when u boot your computer try pressing F8 and a menu with various options will be displayed...

SAFE MODE is a tool for troubleshooting among other things, driver and network problems.

You will see safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, etc..
you will also see "Last Known Good Configuration"
or start windows Normally...

If you for some reason boot up and you are in SAFEMODE .. your computer booted up incorrectly. restart the computer and go to that advanced options menu and try the "Last Known Good Configuration".

RiseandTakeOver

Yes there are advanced options but they shouldn't automatically pop up during a boot... and it can't be a problem with shutdown since it doesn't automatically load into safe mode..

SFR

Truth fears no questions
ahhh.. but it can my friend

There are a ton of things going on everytime u startup your computer...

any number of things can go wrong.. just takes one

and just one can force the system into safemode (or the options screen) to protect itself.

and besides he could have hit any button during the boot which skipped over that screen...