"Starting Windows" screen keeps on going and going in Win7

czepluch

Hello.

It's been a looong time since ive visited this forum but this has always been the forum that ive returned to when having major problems. And so I do now.

Over the last 14 days my computer has started to continously load at the "Starting Windows" screen but ive been able to boot into windows after rebooting a couple of times. However, today, I am not able to do so. I've rebooted more than 20 times and I've even left it at the "Starting Windows" screen for 2 hours but still nothing happens. I've tried repairing the boot sequence via Windows 7 DVD, but still no luck. I've tried removing all RAM-blocks except one, but still no luck. I've tried booting into a live Ubuntu session via USB, but the same happens here. it just hangs when trying to load into Ubuntu. ( the session equal to "starting Windows").
This has made me very suspeciuos that this is a hardware problem, but it still seems like a very weird problem. Oh, and I've also tried formatting the HDD and reinstalling Win7.

Im pretty lost at the moment, so if anyone has got a hint of what to do. Please help me.

Updated specs for PC (the specs in sig is outdated):
Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.6 GHz
DFI LANPARTY UT X58-T3eH8
Corsair Dominator TC DDR3 1600 6GB triple channel
XFX Radeon HD 5850
2x Samsung HDD 1000 GB (RAID 0)
Cooler Master UCP 1100W
Windows 7 (64-bit)

deanj20

Have you tried disconnecting everything aside from the HDD, the keyboard and the monitor (removing all PCI, PCIe, AGP cards (including video card - use onboard graphics for now), CD/DVD drives, other HDDs, floppy, USB devices and any other peripherals)? Could be that your hardware is malfunctioning. Also, clean all the dust out of your case while you're poking around in there - never hurts!

Please try this. If you're able to get it to load, start reinstalling the devices one at a time until you find the culprit.

What about POST and BIOS? Does all your RAM register at boot-up? have you set your BIOS settings back to default?

Also, have you scanned your HDD for errors with the manufacturer's utility (available on their respective website)? Definitely ought to do that.

Please post back and let us know. :D

czepluch

Ive just disconnected all HDD but one empty one and tried booting the ubuntu live usb and it worked. I also reset BIOS. I will now try to connect the other HDDs and see what happens.

Pck21

Have you tried disconnecting everything aside from the HDD, the keyboard and the monitor (removing all PCI, PCIe, AGP cards (including video card - use onboard graphics for now), CD/DVD drives, other HDDs, floppy, USB devices and any other peripherals)? Could be that your hardware is malfunctioning. Also, clean all the dust out of your case while you're poking around in there - never hurts!

Please try this. If you're able to get it to load, start reinstalling the devices one at a time until you find the culprit.

What about POST and BIOS? Does all your RAM register at boot-up? have you set your BIOS settings back to default?

Also, have you scanned your HDD for errors with the manufacturer's utility (available on their respective website)? Definitely ought to do that.

Please post back and let us know. :D

Ive just disconnected all HDD but one empty one and tried booting the ubuntu live usb and it worked. I also reset BIOS. I will now try to connect the other HDDs and see what happens.

I was just going to post what dean said lol! It definitely sounds like a hardware issue with one of the things you disconnected. I have no idea how or why, but please post back when you connect the components.