Startup Application Help

Sasstraliss

My local network is setup for my workplace, and it is our job (as the admins)
to ensure maximum security.

Our main man on this stuff is on vacation, and we have a small problem we need to fix.

Is there a way to insert an .exe file so that it will startup with windows, assuming that there is no startup folder in the Documents And Settings?

The startup folders have been disabled on all computers, and we were wondering if we could place our security executable somewhere else to ensure it starts up with the computer, and runs no matter who logs on.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

adarsh

Ok, this involves registry editing. Backup your registry before you do anything (or, just a System Restore snapshot will do).

Open a new notepad file and copy paste the following into it :
Code:
@echo off
reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v SecurityKey /d [b]<the path to the security program>[/b]

Please edit the part where it says <the path to the security program> with the correct file path to your file.

Save the notepad file as EditReg.bat
And, also change the Save As type to All files before saving, otherwise, this piece of code will be saved as a text file.

Double click on the file to add it to the registry, so that the program starts up with Windows.

I take no responsibility of how you use this, I just hope you are putting this to a good use

Last edited: