Steam banned.

hpi

banned
I got steam banned, does that mean theres nothing I can do but get a new counterstrike game to start playing again???

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
if they banned you it must be for a reason...they probably Ip banned you or something so even if you purchase another copy of CS it still wont let you play on genuine steam servers.

hpi

banned
if they banned you it must be for a reason...they probably Ip banned you or something so even if you purchase another copy of CS it still wont let you play on genuine steam servers.

Yeah because someone I know kept using my account to hack/cheat and over the period of a week or a couple weeks.

I don't think it's an ip ban.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes but they dont know that do they....its your account so they banned you.

realy if you dont know what type of ban it is you should contact steam and explain whats gone on.

But they probably wont believe you:cool:

hpi

banned
yes but they dont know that do they....its your account so they banned you.

realy if you dont know what type of ban it is you should contact steam and explain whats gone on.

But they probably wont believe you:cool:

Ya no kidding they won't. That's how they are. Most of the time there pricks and actually do ban people for nothing and yeah pretty much, bc it's my account they automatically say it's me.

They banned your id not your account.

Id or ip ?

If it's id what's that mean in this case?

tomb08uk

Create a new account, but if IP then would need to be at a new location. If someone did use your account and they were at a different location. Explain to steam that was at a different location and it wasnt you and that way they will be able to see when you logged in under your IP and that their was a different IP when they banned its activity.

Only a suggestion :)

Maddhatter

obviously its not an ip ban...or they would have banned the ip of the guy using your account and you would be able to login.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
there pricks and actually do ban people for nothing and yeah pretty much, bc it's my account they automatically say it's me.
Please don't swear and also, I don't know why you're getting so prickly about it, if you actually read the end user license agreement that you clicked accept to it states you are not allowed to "lend" your account to anyone, even if they are your best mates.

If it was your friend and he knows it was him/her then he/she can now cough up £60 for steams full package to get your games back

hpi

banned
Please don't swear and also, I don't know why you're getting so prickly about it, if you actually read the end user license agreement that you clicked accept to it states you are not allowed to "lend" your account to anyone, even if they are your best mates.

If it was your friend and he knows it was him/her then he/she can now cough up £60 for steams full package to get your games back

No problem.

Il see if I can get another cd key. That's pretty much it I guess.

And what's £60 in canadian or american money?

hpi

banned
I was semi-guessing at £60, in USD its $79 (http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=81&cc=GB)

According to xe.xom 79 USD = $87 CAD

Thats their complete package, basically every valve game released on steam, if thats a bit overkill then there is one down from that at $59 USD ($65 CAD) located here - called their premier package - http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=80&cc=GB

dragon2309

ah alright.

Well it be pretty useless, I only play cs so having that would be pretty pointless.

oh ya btw, how do you make that £ sign?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am glad steam bans hackers now, since CSS is still filled with them. I played the game since like beta 2 way back in the day and I can tell when people hack by spec'ing them. The problem is, that hacks can be toggled and bound to a key. the hacker can hit like the caps lock key and turn the hacks on, and then hit it again to turn them off, so if someone is good at it, then it is hard to catch them.

there are still tons of hackers out there too that use no recoil and other small things to make them barely noticeable.

They just need to make CSS closed source, recompile the code, charge for it, and be done with it.

hpi

banned
I am glad steam bans hackers now, since CSS is still filled with them. I played the game since like beta 2 way back in the day and I can tell when people hack by spec'ing them. The problem is, that hacks can be toggled and bound to a key. the hacker can hit like the caps lock key and turn the hacks on, and then hit it again to turn them off, so if someone is good at it, then it is hard to catch them.

there are still tons of hackers out there too that use no recoil and other small things to make them barely noticeable.

They just need to make CSS closed source, recompile the code, charge for it, and be done with it.

Hacks like no recoil and that kinda stuff is nothing that anooys me. What annoys me is wallhack and aimbot and that sorta stuff.

I don't think theyd charge for it. That' suck. Already I feel stupid for paying for WOW.