Steam Digit?

Pr0

So whats up with this steam accounts with lower digits? People are spending over 250usd on a 4 digit steam accounts. Whats so great about a lower digit? ebay sells them now.:confused:

chupacabra

Fame, plus rareness.

Here's so few of them that some people might even pay 1000$, normally people buy for 250$ the 6 digits

Pr0

When they buy the account the seller only gives out the username and password they dont give the cd key because with the cd they can reclaim the account back which causes fruads to many people thats buy them only for user name and password.

Punk

Staff member
I think it's pointless to sepnd 100s of dollars just to get a few digits...

The game isn't going to change with only 2 digits...

chupacabra

I think it's pointless to sepnd 100s of dollars just to get a few digits...

The game isn't going to change with only 2 digits...

I know but remember that here are crazy people who like to waste money in useless things.

Omega 7 and higher are common, 6 and 5 are rare, and 4 is the ultimate you can buy since it was the first pretty much.

Now for the reason why people try to get 6 or lower digits ones, is that most famous clans ask for those as a requirement

davie23223

The lower the steamid, the better chance you get into clans easily.

I had a 5 digit but suddenly my password didn't work...I obviously got hacked.

I also have a 6 digit and i never use it, it's in the 100,000-200,000s and i am thinking of selling it!

Geoff

VIP Member
I know but remember that here are crazy people who like to waste money in useless things.

Omega 7 and higher are common, 6 and 5 are rare, and 4 is the ultimate you can buy since it was the first pretty much.

Now for the reason why people try to get 6 or lower digits ones, is that most famous clans ask for those as a requirement

I know, I was just throwing mine out there.

spanky

I don't get it. How did some accounts get designated a low 4 digit number? I started using steam when it first came out. I remember everyone complaining about the transition and how much steam sucked.

Geoff

VIP Member
I don't get it. How did some accounts get designated a low 4 digit number? I started using steam when it first came out. I remember everyone complaining about the transition and how much steam sucked.
I assumed it was based on when you signed up. How many digits do you have on your ID?

kobaj

VIP Member
I had an old account way back when with a 4 (maybe it was a 5) digit, but forgot the password and while I was gone it was hacked (all it had was free games so that was cool). My current one is 7.

Its sad though, people who actually CARE about stupid stuff like that. :/

davie23223

If you registered for a steam account early, your username would be your email.

I remember signing up for my 5 digit steamid on the same day steam came out, i totally don't remember but i think the next day i signed up for my 6 digit steamid.