steam error

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
So my steam account decides to screw up today. I can no longer join any CSS servers as I kept on getting an error that said, "Disconnected: This Steam account does not own this game. Please login to the correct Steam account." when I try to enter any server. Why am I suddenly receiving this error?

Filip

So my steam account decides to screw up today. I can no longer join any CSS servers as I kept on getting an error that said, "Disconnected: This Steam account does not own this game. Please login to the correct Steam account." when I try to enter any server. Why am I suddenly receiving this error?

Alot of people got this error today, including me with 2 different accounts, I don't know if it's gone now, but I could play on some servers and not get kicked.

Arm_Pit

banned
At least your not suspended for a cheating infraction because you let your 9 year old coisn play DoD:s and somehow managed to cheat :[

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Hey guys, steam answered my email :)

Hello,

Over the weekend, there was a problem with one of our authentication servers. You may have received the following error message:

"Disconnect: This Steam account does not own this game. Please login to the correct Steam account."

This issue has since been corrected.

Please exit from Steam and delete a file in your Steam directory called:

ClientRegistry.blob

This file would be in the location:

C:\Valve\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob or C:\Program Files\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob

(or the directory you installed Steam to).

The next time you start Steam it will re-create this file, do a brief update, and then you should be able to connect and play.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has posed.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.