Steam Winter Sale 2015

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
The Steam sale has started. It runs today, December 22, 2015 through January 4, 2016 10AM PST.

http://www.steampowered.com

I personally don't have much on my wishlist at the moment as I hardly ever have time to play and have a ton of games sitting dormant in my library.

This sale doesn't seem as good as the last few years. Nothing in my wishlist is over 50% off. Maybe publishers are scared to lower them too much for a couple weeks straight.

Correction: I am finding a lot of good deals with a bit of digging. Wolfenstein 85% off for instance.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
Steam sales means good prices on G2A :)

I bought the African AoE II expansion and Wolfenstein: The New Order. I think that'll be all for me!

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Over the last few days I've bought:

Train Simulator DLC

These three are in prep for the Oculus Rift release, as they look like they'll be great for use with VR
Soma
Naissance
Mind: Path to Thalamus

Mini Metro <-----Addicting time killer

Laquer Head

Not sure if anyones been waiting to grabthis game, but its finally on deal @ $29.99(CAD) on Steam

Just FYI

Darren

Staff member
All I've gotten out of this sale is that the Steam home page looks slightly more interesting than normal.

*shrug*

They just aren't the same anymore. :(

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was i alone in feeling a little underwhelmed but the steam sales 2015..nothing really decent was on offer,Only thing that was of any interest to me was Ryse.

All the other games i was interested in,Not on sale :mad:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Was i alone in feeling a little underwhelmed but the steam sales 2015..nothing really decent was on offer,Only thing that was of any interest to me was Ryse.

All the other games i was interested in,Not on sale :mad:
No, you're not alone. Steam sales have been shit the last two years or so. I used to drop quite a bit of money on games during the sales, but now nothing good is on sale and Steam has become a platform for way too many early access games.

Punk

Staff member
No, you're not alone. Steam sales have been shit the last two years or so. I used to drop quite a bit of money on games during the sales, but now nothing good is on sale and Steam has become a platform for way too many early access games.
It's true but I don't think I'll buy another game until this summer, when I hope the prices for the new Tomb Raider will drop :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally i think Steam shouldnt allow games companies to charge money for early access games,Devs want us to test and give feedback on their games but want us to pay for it?.

They should do free early access Alphas & Betas..and only be allowed to charge for the full working product,Too many games company's these days charging for Alpha games then never finishing them...and getting away with it.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
They should do free early access Alphas & Betas..and only be allowed to charge for the full working product,Too many games company's these days charging for Alpha games then never finishing them...and getting away with it.
Exactly. Next Car Game? No real updates and I bought it over a year ago.
The Long Dark. Great game. They're still fixing things, but it's still sandbox only. Story mode is taking forever to be developed.

I'm no longer buying early access games. Steam Greenlight was a better idea.

Geoff

VIP Member
I remember when Steam only had Valve games, there was a time I owned every game on Steam (CS, HL, TF2, etc.). I have almost 200 games, many of which I buy on impulse during Steam sales, but 3/4 of them I have never played, and most of the rest I rarely play. For the past year I really only play 2-3 games.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm no longer buying early access games.

Same,That new Squad game looks really good but i just refuse to pay full price for a game thats still in Alpha,Sure it looks (from what ive seen on Youtube) very playable but nope,Until its finished i wont buy it.

I hate how 90% of games these days dont have demos either,Remember the good old days of Demos? :(