Steam

joelmagar

alright, since im getting a new mobo and operating system, the games that i bought from steam and downloaded will be deleted so, will i be able to reinstall them onto my new computer or what.

/\E

alright, since im getting a new mobo and operating system, the games that i bought from steam and downloaded will be deleted so, will i be able to reinstall them onto my new computer or what.

After you get the new machine up and running just download Steam. Give it your login information and view your games list. You can right-click and select Install Game, it will create the directories for the game then Steam will download and deposit files in those directories.

joelmagar

Alright, i have a new question about steam. I have tried the Overlord demo and it keeps telling me that the Overlord.exe isn't working. If i bought the game(which is why i want to make sure it would work) would i keep having that problem at all.

KR33P

Alright, i have a new question about steam. I have tried the Overlord demo and it keeps telling me that the Overlord.exe isn't working. If i bought the game(which is why i want to make sure it would work) would i keep having that problem at all.

it may be telling you this because the demo has run out and the actual game has been released.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
ive actualy got to like steam now,Its great when you have re-installed windows because you can just install Steam-Login and download all your games again without the need to put all disks in and stuff :good:

epidemik

Yeah, this is the main reason I buy games on steam. Steam makes it really easy (although it can be slow sometimes) to reinstall games. You dont need to worry about DVDs and CD Keys. Its all attached to your steam account.

Sometimes, the download servers can be somewhat slow but just leave it downloading overnight and you should have all your games by morning (obviously depending on how many games you have).