sticky keys w,s,a,d

Fooozball

In any game I play, sometimes w,s,a,d stick... making the game unplayable. I've tried two different keyboards. Anyone know what to do?

Hsv_Man

hmm...sounds like ghosting. Ghosting happens when you push more than one key at once and keys can sometimes stick. Look at going about buying yourself an anti-ghosting keyboard.

Fooozball

Is that really the only solution? I've never had this problem with any other computer. But if that's the only way, thank you.

tremmor

Im not a gamer but checked on line. Example logitech brought it up with same problem. Suggestion was check for a firmware update or keyboard manufacture update.
Just a thought.

Last edited:

Fooozball

Thanks for your input tremmor. I've tried the keyboard on other computers and it's worked perfectly fine. I'm not sure how I could find an update for a keyboard that's almost 20 yrs old. And no, I don't believe that's the reason why it's not working properly.

tremmor

If its almost 20 i would trash anyway. its a cheap update.
On the otherhand it sounds like it might be a serial and not usb.
If it is a usb and works fine try a different usb port.

apj101

VIP Member
or its the game? if you have the same problem with two different keyboards its unlikely to be a keyboard issue

Fooozball

I tried installing Vista 32 bit... still doing the same thing. beeps came back as well.

tried a newer keyboard as well.

Fooozball

I've tried everything with sticky keys, all the filters and what not. Nothing seems to work. Thanks for the input CaptainTrips.

Fooozball

bump... i agree with apj - it's not a keyboard issue. what could it be?

Specs:

E6600 @ 3.2 ghz
2 gb ddr2
nvidia 680i sli mobo
8800gts 640mb
250 gb hd
vista 32 bit

2048Megabytes

It could be a BIOS issue. My BIOS does not recognize my USB keyboard in certain menus like the menu that contains Last Known Good Configuration. I can push all the keys I want when I am in these menus and nothing happens with a USB keyboard. If I use a PS/2 keyboard everything works fine.

Check for a BIOS update. If that doesn't work try a USB keyboard on the system.