still being redirected

langeleyes

I have windows xp, it's an hp media center. A while ago, it went nuts. I tried to restore it, nothing, tried to do a complete system recovery, nothing. I do not have the cd/dvd to reinstall the system. Now, I ued a friends cd that had windows home, that was dumb of me I know, I can't register it. I tried Ubuntu, that was even dumber. Now, here are the problems I'm having

I can't remove windows home,
cant remove ubuntu

Before you say go to add/remove programs, I did it is not in there at all. I did a serch and it doesn't show up. Those are issues one.

Before I installed those programs, I had problems accessing everything and when I went online, every single time I clicked on a link it redirected me. It is still redirecting me.

I have updated my windows media center, I updated windows, running ie 8, updated all programs. I have run Malabytes, Superantispyware, adaware, ccleaner, advanced system care, virus scans (I have mcafee). Nothing is showing up, no adware no trojans, nothing but I'm still being redirected like if I click on a link for example that says "onetwothree" it takes me to anywhere else. I have to physcially type in the address of where I want to get there in the search bar.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would help you clean your system up but basically its a waste of time since you have screwed up your installation. Your best bet now would be too back up any data you need and buy a copy of an operating system and install it.

langeleyes

How did I screw up my system? It was screwed up in the first place. Can't you tell me how to get rid of Windows Home Editin and just keep my media center? And how to get rid of the Ubuntu?