Stock Antec 900 case fans.

Hass

Anyone know the model # On the stocker fans?
Or the 200mm?

I'm ordering a few Scythe Ultra Hazes... and I have an antec 900 on the way.
Just wondering if it's worth replacing the 120mms with the ultra hazes.

Gotta order 2 anyway for the Prolimatech!
Figure I might as well go all out since they're only $10/ea
Unless the stock fans are comparable.

ScOuT

VIP Member
The Antec fans are great...replacing them with Ultra Kaze fans is pointless. The Antec fans can be adjusted for the speed and noise. The stock fans move more than enough air to cool a system. You know how big the Prolimatech with 2 x Ultra Kaze will be? The Ultra Kaze is 38mm wide not 25mm like most fans. If you do order them make sure they will fit first.

The Ultra Kaze fans are LOUD! It no kidding sounds like a hair dryer wide open. I have Ultra Kaze fans and they move tons of air...looking back I would have bought different fans.

Just make sure you realize what you are buying first...the Ultra Kaze is an animal of a fan:D

bomberboysk

Anyone know the model # On the stocker fans?
Or the 200mm?

I'm ordering a few Scythe Ultra Hazes... and I have an antec 900 on the way.
Just wondering if it's worth replacing the 120mms with the ultra hazes.

Gotta order 2 anyway for the Prolimatech!
Figure I might as well go all out since they're only $10/ea
Unless the stock fans are comparable.
They are crazy loud...and if your not careful you can burn your motherboard headers with ultra kaze's. if you want good fans without hearing damage, the coolermaster r4's and scythe slipstream highpeeds are pretty decent.

Hass

The Antec fans are great...replacing them with Ultra Kaze fans is pointless. The Antec fans can be adjusted for the speed and noise. The stock fans move more than enough air to cool a system. You know how big the Prolimatech with 2 x Ultra Kaze will be? The Ultra Kaze is 38mm wide not 25mm like most fans. If you do order them make sure they will fit first.

The Ultra Kaze fans are LOUD! It no kidding sounds like a hair dryer wide open. I have Ultra Kaze fans and they move tons of air...looking back I would have bought different fans.

Just make sure you realize what you are buying first...the Ultra Kaze is an animal of a fan:D

Yea, I had to get the 38mm adapters for it instead of 25mm.
Why would you have bought different fans? Can't you just turn them down instead? Considering they are 38mm, wouldn't it be safe to assume they would be able to push more air RPM for RPM than a 25mm with a less noise.

I'm using an Antec Sonata II case now, and the case fans are adjustable yes, but seem fairly lackluster. They're also not adjustable via a fan controller it looks like because of a speed controller on them (which I assume the 900 has!) The case fan doesn't even plug in to the mainboard for monitoring. (I added one more in the front that does, however)

The space was something that had me slightly concerned of course.
Although it looks pretty spacious around there, provided the promolithatech raises up enough above the RAM slots.
Then I should be good ;p
Then I have to decide if i should angle it towards the rear exhaust fan, or the 200m.

Only thing I was actually worried about was the weight.

They are crazy loud...and if your not careful you can burn your motherboard headers with ultra kaze's. if you want good fans without hearing damage, the coolermaster r4's and scythe slipstream highpeeds are pretty decent.

How would I know if I am burning motherboard headers or not?
Do they not have a molex connector on them? Which would totally bypass the mainboard with a fan controller.

I know I'm glad I decided to not jump on some of these!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835706015

After I saw the amp draw I was like :eek: annnndd had to find something different ;p

edit;
I'm almost wishing I bought the shadow version of the Primo. :\
Even though it's $20 more... It would match the mainboard much more... considering there's not a spec of silver anywhere.
Oh well ;D
I'm still excited about it.

Last edited:

Machin3

+1. In the Antec 1200, when you crank the fans up to full it sounds like some crazy fricken turbo that you would find on an airplane. :D

ScOuT

VIP Member
I plugged one of my Ultra Kaze fans into the motherboard which of course ran it wide open...it almost flew out of my hand. If you choose to get these make sure you also get a fan controller. When turned up...you'll be able to hear it throughout the entire house. Turned down they get really quiet, but if you plan on having them on low then just get other fans.

if you want good fans without hearing damage, the coolermaster r4's and scythe slipstream highpeeds are pretty decent.

Very good point...I don't think anybody who has used the R4 fans dislikes them. All I hear is good stuff about them.

Hass

+1. In the Antec 1200, when you crank the fans up to full it sounds like some crazy fricken turbo that you would find on an airplane. :D

I was going to go this route... but then I saw they have the 900 on sale for $60 after MIR...
So I suppose I can forget 2 fans and some space over 100 bucks ;\

G25r8cer

Very good point...I don't think anybody who has used the R4 fans dislikes them. All I hear is good stuff about them.

Agreed I have 3 of the blue r4's and love them. They are not very bright but, the light reflects off the fins just right and they look great.

Keep in mind: Blue ones are 60cfm not 90cfm

I keep all of them at around 1200rpm and they are silent. My 8600gt fan is way louder

Hass

Hum...
Think I may have went overkill on it.

I ordered 6 of the Ultra Haze's a while back... (last night)

now I'm reading around more about the cooler (I'm more excited about the cooler than the computer build I think!)

Cooler on an i7 920 @ 1.45v OC... is 64.2C With one NF-P12-1300
Then two NF-P12-1300 drops it down to 61.1C

So I was curious about the CFM on those... and it's 54CFM.
So... :|

I'm not sure if anything over 60CFM will be effective anyway, considering Prolimatech recommends 60CFM fans I believe.
P.S.
I don't give a hoot about noise!
I always have all my fans on high here, and I'm usually running the dishwasher behind me when I'm home... so we'll see.

Looks like I'll be getting everything thurs. (cooler wed, everything else thurs).
So if you see a PC flying through the sky... don't come looking for me -.-

linkin

VIP Member
lol, imagine that. a computer rigged up with so many fans it starts flying away. I hear some model of antec fans actually hover off the ground! and not even on full speed!

Twist86

Trust me I run my current system and at low on all fans my case is as cool as room temperature while gaming.

You wont notice a difference in your temps by going with other fans.

Hass

Mhmm, ambient temp in my current antec case gets to about ~55C with a 5% OC.
That's with all fans on high... including the extra one I've added.

Granted this will be a different build, different case... GPU, CPU...

But considering the CPU is higher wattage than what I have now, I assume it will be warmer, and the GPU may be as well.
Idles a C or two above room temp, but as soon as it gets a full load on it, temp is up high after minutes.
Just trying to prevent it if possible ;]

Maybe if I OC it enough, I can get it to blow out some warm air... and have the side fan an exhaust, so it blows at my legs and keeps them warm :]
Not a bad idea... actually :DDD

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Agreed I have 3 of the blue r4's and love them. They are not very bright but, the light reflects off the fins just right and they look great.

Keep in mind: Blue ones are 60cfm not 90cfm

I keep all of them at around 1200rpm and they are silent. My 8600gt fan is way louder
Incorrect, all of the r4's are 90cfm, the labeling rates them at 67cfm however because they will only run full speed when connected via molex or a fan controller, when using a 3pin motherboard header they are 67cfm.

Hum...
Think I may have went overkill on it.

I ordered 6 of the Ultra Haze's a while back... (last night)

now I'm reading around more about the cooler (I'm more excited about the cooler than the computer build I think!)

Cooler on an i7 920 @ 1.45v OC... is 64.2C With one NF-P12-1300
Then two NF-P12-1300 drops it down to 61.1C

So I was curious about the CFM on those... and it's 54CFM.
So... :|

I'm not sure if anything over 60CFM will be effective anyway, considering Prolimatech recommends 60CFM fans I believe.
P.S.
I don't give a hoot about noise!
I always have all my fans on high here, and I'm usually running the dishwasher behind me when I'm home... so we'll see.

Looks like I'll be getting everything thurs. (cooler wed, everything else thurs).
So if you see a PC flying through the sky... don't come looking for me -.-

More CFM and more Static pressure is always better,the ultra kaze's will give great airflow and static pressure(due to being a 120x38mm fan it has around 3times the static pressure of the coolermaster r4). However, you need to really consider what you are purchasing if you bought the high speed ultra kaze's(medium speed are much quieter and have plenty of airflow for the megahalems).

[YT]Gb-0usGR-Ok[/YT]

When the multimeter reads ~12 volts, fan is at max speed.

In all honesty these things are almost as loud as delta's, a buddy of mine who ran deltas just for airflow over the mobo components(vregs/etc) while under LN2 said the people next door to him(lives in a duplex) thought a jet engine was taking off in his house, and we are talking about a 10db difference between a high speed delta and a high speed ultra kaze.

Last edited:

Hass

anyone have any suggestions for replacing the front fans?

They're 25mm, and need to be replaced by a 38mm.
I'm trying to think of something and trying not to butcher it.

the bays dont line up very well either.
not very pleased with that, but meh.

and my DVD burner on this comp took a dummmmppppp.
so thats a fail.