Strange beeping problem?!

Gibson

Member
Hi,

I have a strange problem and can't figure out what it is! I have this problem on my computer that when im in windows or Ubuntu/Opensuse that you can hear my computer beep (But quietly not the old loud one!) and then shortly after that my computer freezes, I wait then it goes again. It kept doing this and then my windows XP harddrive failed so i thought it may of been the drive and just continued using linux. Then the USB ports failed on the motherboard and I thought its about time i bought a decent motherboard (asrock crap!) and replaced it with a new ASUS board. Installed just Opensuse this time and tried using it. Its now doing the same problem as before beeping then freezing etc but now it occasionally turns it self off! and has now corrupted the Linux drive! (nothing a format can't fix!)

Im using a Intel pentium Core2duo CPU
2gbs of Ram (not sure of the make!)
and the original PSU

My guess would be that the PSU has gone up the crapper?

Any Ideas?
Many thanks :)
Joe
Any ideas
 
The power supply does sound like it might be the problem. Have you tested the RAM with the application Memtest86 yet?
 
Back
Top