Strange "Bloop" noise

Laquer Head

Is it the usb connect/disconnect sound?
Yeah thats what came to my mind.. possibly a USB device of some type or a port losing its connection and then getting it back randomly..causing that do-do-do noise.

When my old wired xbox controller started to die it did that randomly..but it was obvious cause the controller would die and I'd lose function in whatever game I was playing.

Darren

Staff member
Doesn't necessarily have to be USB by the way, any peripheral or system device could be going in and out. Even hooking up monitors can give this sound. Check your notification area (assuming Windows 10) and see if mentions any devices being connected. Got any flash drives or external drives hooked up?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I guess it is
Are you saying it is or is that a question?

Listen to the first part of this video.

Is it that sound? Thats the usb sound.

But as Darren said, it could also be certain hardware devices causing that. Could be failing on driver installation.

But as Darren said, it could also be certain hardware devices causing that. Could be failing on driver installation.
That's it. Thanks. I guess when certain things are starting & stopping, it means they are about to die all together? All I have plugged in is keyboard, mouse & webcam

I can't find the tool he mentions

Since my mouse is the one that came with the pc & my keyboard & webcam are newer, I unplugged it for about 10 minutes to see if the sound happened while it was unplugged and it didn't. But it hasn't happened since I plugged it back in either. Could it have just needed a sort of a reset?

kam

Since my mouse is the one that came with the pc & my keyboard & webcam are newer, I unplugged it for about 10 minutes to see if the sound happened while it was unplugged and it didn't. But it hasn't happened since I plugged it back in either. Could it have just needed a sort of a reset?

Yes, sometimes simply unplugging and plugging back in can solve any slight disconnection problems. If the problem keeps occurring, your best bet would be to do as you did (unplug each USB and wait to see if the sound comes back). As @Darren said, make sure you keep an eye on the bottom right of your monitor (notification center) where you hear the sound, it should give you a pop up telling you what unplugged; assuming you have Win 10. :)

Yes, sometimes simply unplugging and plugging back in can solve any slight disconnection problems. If the problem keeps occurring, your best bet would be to do as you did (unplug each USB and wait to see if the sound comes back). As @Darren said, make sure you keep an eye on the bottom right of your monitor (notification center) where you hear the sound, it should give you a pop up telling you what unplugged; assuming you have Win 10. :)
I do have Windows 10 but I've never gotten a pop up about any of the USB devices starting or stopping. I bought a new wired mouse. So far, so good. But even with it, I had to unplug it & plug it back in to get it to start working

kam

I do have Windows 10 but I've never gotten a pop up about any of the USB devices starting or stopping. I bought a new wired mouse. So far, so good. But even with it, I had to unplug it & plug it back in to get it to start working

Strange. It could be that it's disconnecting and connected back so fast it doesn't recognize it. So the new mouse has stopped the problem so far?