Strange issue (I need you guyz)

StrangleHold

Staff member
There is a possibility you might have a power supply flaking out. After its unplugged and discharged it magically boots up.

Try this without resetting the bios.

When it wont boot. Just unplug it, hit the power button a few times. Plug it back up and see if it will boot.

Last edited:

EgX

There is a possibility you might have a power supply flaking out. After its unplugged and discharged it magically boots up.

Try this without setting the bios.

When it wont boot. Just unplug it, hit the power button a few times. Plug it back up and see if it will boot.

:(
I tried it and after I unplugged it, I see the power supply discharge when pushing on power. But when I plug it back and press power, doesn't work :(.

So I really need to take off the battery to make it work.

StrangleHold

Staff member
My guess would be you have a board freaking out then. I got some old socket 754 boards still around. Completely useless to me. You live in the US? If so, what part?

EgX

My guess would be you have a board freaking out then. I got some old socket 754 boards still around. Completely useless to me. You live in the US? If so, what part?

Mm I live in Quebec, Canada. Would one of those fit my config? Depending on the price, I could get one, it could be great for me! :)

StrangleHold

Staff member
One of them is a DFI. Had it go out on a build I did for a guy. RMA it back to DFI and it took like forever to get it back. Felt sorry for the guy having to wait so I put another board in his build.

Finally got it back. Put in a spare computer to make sure it worked. Fired right up and ran fine. Took it out, put it back in the box and its been there ever since. That was like in 2004/2005 lol.

Its the DFI version of the Gigabyte you have, even the same chipset. I'll let you have it for free. Let me check what shipping would be to Quebec ( city?) tomorrow and I will let you know.

EgX

One of them is a DFI. Had it go out on a build I did for a guy. RMA it back to DFI and it took like forever to get it back. Felt sorry for the guy having to wait so I put another board in his build.

Finally got it back. Put in a spare computer to make sure it worked. Fired right up and ran fine. Took it out, put it back in the box and its been there ever since. That was like in 2004/2005 lol.

Its the DFI version of the Gigabyte you have, even the same chipset. I'll let you have it for free. Let me check what shipping would be to Quebec ( city?) tomorrow and I will let you know.

Cool! that would be really great! I'll only have to change the processor and plug in the peripherals?

It's Magog, Quebec, Canada Postal code; J1X 5W8

Thank you so much! I'll wait the price and i'll pay it paypal or something ;)

StrangleHold

Staff member
Yeah, it would be just a swap out. When you swap just make sure the standoff under the board are in the right places. They just go under the grounded holes.

Get back here tomorrow afternoon, maybe after 5 EST. I'll let you know what shipping will be. I'll give you one on my emaill adresses and we can swap shipping adresses.

EgX

Yeah, it would be just a swap out. When you swap just make sure the standoff under the board are in the right places. They just go under the grounded holes.

Get back here tomorrow afternoon, maybe after 5 EST. I'll let you know what shipping will be. I'll give you one on my emaill adresses and we can swap shipping adresses.

Cool,

You can email me at [email protected]
Otherwise You can post here, i receive an email each time somebody answers this thread so I'll come on as soon as I can. :)

skyofnsr

hi,

Can someone let me know, What is the use of Bootable Add in card.

I have Gigabyte's Mother Board- G31M-ES2L.

In Boot Sequence I get this option, but dont know how to use the same.

Can I Install any OS in this card. I have been sick and tired with Hard disk crashes and wondering if i could get any Bootable card(Read Only Memory Card ) In which i could Install OS like Win XP.

Thanks.