Strange Problem 1366x768 Resolution

elliot_c

I have a strange problem, my samsung 933hd requires a resolution of 1360x768 but the only one avalible close to this is 1366x768. I am currently using the onboard ati 3200 and notice than text can be blury even when using auto setup on my screen. (im sure its to do with this resolution) Anyone had this or similar problems? I have downloaded a few programs to overide the resolution but they will not work. Thanks..

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I wish I could say more, but I know my TV is being a pain as well... It's 1440x900 and I can't find anything that'll make it work. I've even tried programs to force resolutions (for Nvidia cards) and even forcing 1440x900 didn't work. Oddly enough, I managed to get it to work at 1280x1024 (yes... that's 1024 at the end, not 720 or 900...)

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I suspect these TV's are meant to be just that... Most aren't really made to be primarily used as monitors. Even dad's LCD-TV has a similar problem... It's a bit better than mine, but the screen tends to hand off the edges.

zombine210

if you use dvi/hdmi, you will get overscan on the tv; that is, the tv will crop out the edges and you have to manually 'fix' it, this will change the 'native' resolution and mess up your fonts and everything. the best thing to do, what i do, is use the d-sub connector and set the resolution like a monitor instead of a tv. not sure this is your problem, but took me a while to figure out, just a thought.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
if you use dvi/hdmi, you will get overscan on the tv; that is, the tv will crop out the edges and you have to manually 'fix' it, this will change the 'native' resolution and mess up your fonts and everything. the best thing to do, what i do, is use the d-sub connector and set the resolution like a monitor instead of a tv. not sure this is your problem, but took me a while to figure out, just a thought.

Actually I was using VGA on my father's TV when it hangs off. That's all my lappy has. And my TV...well I'm still baffled how it managed 1280x1024 on a 1440x900 screen. I guess it steals some of the horizontal pixels? :p

elliot_c

Year I got it to work okay with a borrowed hdmi cable but im sure its still not perfect its like the text is slightly funny. When I select 1080p everything goes so small and you cant read a thing... lol..

lawson_jl

That's the issue when you try useing a TV as a computer monitor. While the resolutions are close they are not the same. If your going to want to use a TV as a computer monitor be sure to get one that has a VGA input so you know it will support PC resolutions. Sometimes setting the output at a lwoer resolution then the TV and letting the tv scale it will work out okay.

m0nk3ys1ms

Surprisingly enough my HDTV (Vizio VW26L) accepts 1360x768 over HDMI, so that's how mine works and its a flawless image. And it also will accept 1080p input over VGA and scales it perfectly.. lol.