Strangest Computer Issue

Juicebox God

My computer was working last night. When I come in today, it is completely dysfunctional with the monitor. I checked all the plugs, rearranged the power sources, and changed where I plugged it in from some hard drive to the motherboard area. But it still says "No signal"! For context, the caps lock key doesn't make the keyboard light turn on, I have an MSI b350M for a motherboard, and three red LEDS show whenever I turn my computer on. The fans and (hard drive, or at least one I think) spin. (At any rate I have an SSD too). The three Red LEDS are next to the CPU (left and right, two of them) and one near the fan and ram. Thanks in advance for help! EDIT: the EZ debug LED was on for a couple seconds on boot, is that significant?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a system speaker attached to the motherboard header to hear bios beeps? Have you tried removing and reinserting ram sticks?

Juicebox God

Do you have a system speaker attached to the motherboard header to hear bios beeps? Have you tried removing and reinserting ram sticks?
I've never actually attached a speaker, but it might be there. I have booted my PC a couple times now, and the only thing I heard was a single beep one time. I haven't tried the ram stick thing yet. (My Monitor doesn't actually go. It just shows the logo, then a black screen with "no signal" in blue.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ram not reading correctly or bad ram will cause this issue. Or bad video card/motherboard.