stress!!!! test, opinions???

deankenny

i have a E6600 overclocked on my stock fan to 2.81ghz

i been stress testing on prime 95 for about 10 mins now

on idle my temp is 29c and on 100% load its 55c

whats the max SAFE! temp i can rach for 100% load before i should stop overclocking ?

tidyboy21

Just keep it under 65c and you'll be fine. I'd recommend getting a 3rd party cooler anyway to further lower temperatures.

deankenny

ive upped it now to 2.91ghz overclock, and stress test brings it to 57c so going pretty well but i want 3 or 3.1 hence my zalman 9500 in the other post

deankenny

does the zalman pro come with thermal paste pre applied or do i have to apply it to the heatsink myself if so, is there any tutorial for this?

Kornowski

VIP Member
It should come with some already applied. If not, just grab some TP and apply a small dot in the middle.

tidyboy21

does the zalman pro come with thermal paste pre applied or do i have to apply it to the heatsink myself if so, is there any tutorial for this?

It will come with tp, but not pre applied. Just my opinion, I would not use the stuff that comes with it, get some MX2 or AS5. I'm sure a lot of people on here will agree with that. When it comes to applying it, this roughly explains how. Although there are several ways of applying it.

deankenny

but in most videos i view to apply it, they have used a credit card of some sort to smooth it out on the cpu first, so how do i do it?

a blob in the middle or smooth it with a credit card

Mez

put a little dab in the middle then put the HSF on lol! The flat surface of the HSF will spread the AS5, mx2, etc. when the pressure is applied while putting it on.

Kornowski

VIP Member
but in most videos i view to apply it, they have used a credit card of some sort to smooth it out on the cpu first, so how do i do it?

a blob in the middle or smooth it with a credit card

Yeah, like Mezna said, the Thermal Paste will smooth itself out when you put the pressure of the HSF on it. Plus, it'll do it a lot more evenly that you'll be able to do with a credit card. I've tried both methods and it's best to let it sort itself out.