struggling to get remote access on 2nd router

surajvuk

Hi all, I have problem which should really be straight forward but i have been struggling for number weeks.

I have a sky router (Netgear DG834GT), which i have connected a secound router to which is a D link DIR-615 (with DD wrt firmware D4).

I can get access to the sky router remotely without any issues even when changing the port number. its the Dlink router i cannot get access to remotely (within the network i can by typing in the dlink's ip address and works).

Main router Sky router IP is 192.168.0.1 - Currently the port number is 8081. Secondary router Dlink IP is 192.168.0.2 (Static ip) - currently the port number is 8080.

I have tried to configure the ports but it just dont want to open. Ive tried to open the ports on main netgear and tried all the option my dlink for port forwarding. i must be missing something fundametal here.

if there any further information you require please shout and i can also provide screen shots

Thank you in advance.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Do you have DHCP enabled on one, both, or neither router? Have you tried accessing the D-Link with a direct connection using a hard-line?

surajvuk

DHCP is only enabled on the main router. i have turned off DHCP on the Dlink.

cos im with sky i dont know how to connected another router or even the dlink as the credentials are coded into the fimrware i believe. sky does not give username and passwords. even accessing the sky router there no area on the firmware with this information.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
I would isolate the D-link, plug a computer straight into it, then try to access it.

You may have to reset the D-link to default settings, then try it again. ONce you have access, then change the IP to what you want, plug it into the Netgear and try accessing it again.

If you need to do port-forwarding, that will likely be something to do on the Netgear, since it will be acting as a server.

On the D-Link, you may have to tell it to use the Netgear's IP for DNS.

surajvuk

Within the network i can access d-link via 192.168.0.2
dlink port number is 8080.
Netgear port has been changed to 8081 - which i can easy get to remotely outside my network.

i have setup forward fowarding on inbound on firewall setting on the netgear.

i have also taken screen shot and have attached now.

Attachments

• inbound.jpg
    inbound.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Netgear Lan.jpg
    Netgear Lan.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 55
  • D-link Lan.jpg
    D-link Lan.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 58
  • D-link remote.jpg
    D-link remote.jpg