Stuff to talk about - W7

aviation_man

Sooo what do you all think if W7 so far, from the beta's and RC's that they have released?

I think the OS is pretteh darn GOOD - definitely better than Vista.. But I do think that they're rushing to get it out to everyone.. I mean - It's expected to be released Oct. 22nd, which isn't far away, the RC is nice and stable - I trust it a LOT. But still...... I'm just worried that they're going to do the same thing as they did with Vista and the Xbox 360 - Both rushed and had kinda big issues. M$ is known to rush sometimes.

Bodaggit23

There'll be no major updates to the OS before release.

What "issues" do you think they will build into the final release? lol

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think its better than Vista ,its more reliable.

But will i buy it? Probably not.

Even with the half price pre-order discount it still doesnt appeal to me as a great os.
Microsoft have got lazy.

Vizy

Man, when i first looked at this thread i couldn't figure out what W7 meant :(

But i get it now. :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still hard to pass up for $50.

I might just get a copy for the heck of it.

I suppose your right,Shame its not permantly priced at $50 eh?

Im just not sure if i want to get it yet,though i dont like vista so after my 7 expires...looks like il have to buy it anyway as i dont realy want to go back to vista :cool:

Mr soft

Yeh that was evil of MS, to give you a while to play with it free. :D

Win XP is sad in comparison , and I hate booting into XP now.
Boot and shut down times are incredible.

Then again 98se to XP was the same. ( I missed the Vista stage) Once you move forward you don´t want to go back.

zombine210

i saw the version comparison list and have a Q:
is XP mode in Pro the same as xp compatibility? when i installed the g15 driver it ran in xp compatibility, but i want to get home premium, which does not have xp mode. will i still be able to use compatibilility with it?
thnx

Kewl Munky

I'm still appalled at the fact that they will charge $120 for a freaking update when it's actually out. $50 should be the standard price and the full version should be $120. Money hosing bastards.

aviation_man

I agree - The price is really ridiculous. And it's a shame that Vista was soo bad - people spent all that money on Vista and now they are probably going to hesitate buying this AWESOME new OS.
I wonder how Google's new OS is going to be..hmm..

bomberboysk

I'm still appalled at the fact that they will charge $120 for a freaking update when it's actually out. $50 should be the standard price and the full version should be $120. Money hosing bastards.
Ever heard of an OEM version? Just like vista, the oem version of home premium will prolly only be around $100..

Bodaggit23

Q:will i still be able to use compatibilility with it?

XP mode is a separate program which runs a Virtualization of XP, and it comes with it's own copy, so you don't need to buy or already own a copy of XP to use it.

You'll still be able to run the compatibility mode.

AlienMenace

I ran the beta and I am running the Rc now as my secondary. But primary OS is still Windows xp pro x64. I will probably get the w7 ultimate, But not till the RC craps out in March. I will never go back to the 32 bit side again. I love the speed and ram size of the x64 OS's.

wardhanster

for me w7 worked out to be the best os till now by microsoft.. i loved that startup recovery feature of this os and all the way this os will be a sucess..xp is just a lill kid thing... for the next sen os w7... if anyone of the folks havent used w7 ... go give it a shot... and u will never want to see xp and vista(for sure)...
love u all

JessicaD

Bomberboysk,

Thank you for evaluating Windows 7 and it's great to hear that you are enjoying your experience so much! If you are planning on purchasing Windows 7 when it is released it may be helpful to know you don't have to wait until October to reserve your copy of Win 7! You can pre-order your copy of Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional today. For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page here: http://tinyurl.com/nldc8p

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team