kyleswitch
New Member
Can I upgrade from windows xp to windows 7. Sites are saying I can'y use the 30 dollar upgrade to do it, I have to purchase the full version. Is this true? if not could I just purchase the upgrade?
Can I upgrade from windows xp to windows 7.
One more question. How do I mirror (copy) all of my files and OS to a new hard drive?
Nope, you just would have to register that computer as having the OS on it with the valid key. There are several piece of software out there that would be able to move your computer from one hard drive to another.
Something like this would move the files and everything from one computer to the new one, although you have to have the OS installed on both: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2300013&cm_re=pc_mover-_-32-300-013-_-Product
Careful with the WD drives, they're warrantied from the date of manufacture, not the date of purchase. Might be better to just pick an Hitachi instead, very reliable drives and don't have that shady clause in their warranty.