WIndows 10 Stuttering during games

ojasmohan

Hello everyone, so I've been struggling with micro stuttering in my games, most notable in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I have a i7 9700k @ 4.6ghz and a RTX 3080 and I get about 70-75c on the processor in all my games. At first I thought it could have been the mobo VRM but temps are stable there. I have noticed through MSI Afterburner that my CPU sometimes throttles to 4.4ghz. I'm not sure if that's the problem but it is something I am concerned about. Any thoughts would help. Thanks

For reference I have a EVGA G3 750w power supply and here is my speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/UNmpJ0RtRWGW5BZOc5r4pLZ

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try removing the cpu overclock first to see what happens. The 9700K is stock at 3.6ghz.

Did you upgrade your 3080 from something else? If so make sure it is in the correct slot (closest to the cpu)
Also check that your drivers are up to date if you have that turned off
Also, question about OPs spec sheet
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (NVIDIA):
28 °C
I don't know if I'm reading this right but is this 2047 vram or something else?
I havn't heard of a 3080 with 2gb of vram

beers

Staff member
As per others, clock it back to stock whenever you're troubleshooting an overclocked PC.

ojasmohan

Did you upgrade your 3080 from something else? If so make sure it is in the correct slot (closest to the cpu)
Also check that your drivers are up to date if you have that turned off
Also, question about OPs spec sheet

I don't know if I'm reading this right but is this 2047 vram or something else?
I havn't heard of a 3080 with 2gb of vram
I upgraded from a 2080. I honestly I am not sure why speccy says I only have 2gb of VRAM. I have a feeling that's a glitch on Speccy's part but I am not sure. And the 3080 is in the closest slot to the CPU