Subscription based web site building

massahwahl

VIP Member
My brother operates his own recording studio for local bands and is interested in setting up a subscription based website where we could showcase video tutorials about learning how to do good sounding recordings with different types of equipment and a message board and such.

Anyway, is there a program or a an easy guide setting up the subscription system? it would be on a 6 month basis so users would need to be reminded about re-subscribing at the end of their period and such.

tlarkin

VIP Member
You could run like a LDAP database of user accounts and then set them to expire after so many days, months, years, based on what subscription package they purchase.

I don't know how to tie it all together but that is where I would look first. It would go something like this

1) user signs up for the site and creates a free account, the account gets put into the database

2) user buys subscription for 6 months, then their account gets flagged to expire in 6 months from today's date

3) based on a group policy that user is now in the full access group for 6 months, and once that time is up the account expires.

Group policy can already do this in the enterprise network world. I can create a user account that expires in 30 days and once it hits 30 days it does not delete the account, it just can no longer log in.

I am not a web developer so you may need to get with someone who is.