Successful Wireless Network Upgrade - Solved connection issues

Just want to give a thumps up to a couple of items I recently purchased that have resolved a few wireless connection problems I have been having with my main home office PC. Will explain the problem in case anyone else with similar issues finds it useful.

So basically I have recently switched from BT Infinity to Virgin Media with there 200Mbps full package, switch over went very smoothly everything else wirelss in the house took to the new Virgin Router Without any issue, except for my main PC in my home office which is as far away as possible from one corner of the house to the other as can be within my house, but still when with BT I never had any connection issues, so fair to assume BT where providing a better Wireless Router that Virgin.

I was running an only basic "N" standard Wirelss PCIe card in my PC, so that was the first hardware I targeted for an upgrade, went with the Follow new Network card with new standard of AC1900

TP-Link AC1900 Wireless Duel Band PCI Express Adapter.

Unfortunately this alone failed to resolve the week signal issues I was experiencing, but turned out to be a good start in a network upgrade.

Secondly I went out and purchased a new Wireless router to match the faster speed of the card and went with the following

ASUS DSL-AC68U Wireless Modem Router - AC 1900, Dual-band

Unfortunately once again I was still having week single issues with running this router via the standard router Virgin Media provided, so although I recommend this router for good speed, its range proved only to be as good as the Standard Virgin Media Router, and not as good as the standard BT Infinity Router I has used previously for years without any issues.

Finally my problem was 100% solved when I purchased the following Range Extender.

NETGEAR EX7300 WiFi Range Extender - AC 2200, Dual-band

I can't credit this product enough, it was the final set in resolving all my home network issues, placed in a central location within my house, I get nothing but full signal from this everywhere, the connection between this and the Asus router is also as strong as can be, I still have a number of downstairs wireless items I still run in connection to the standard Virgin Media Router, plus my Kids still use the Virgin Media Routers connection within there rooms located at the opposite side of the house, however this new equipment combined together has not only solved all my network issues, it has allowed me set my own personal wireless network free from all other wireless devices and the results are astonishing, I have never had such a smooth running wireless network within my home or experienced smooth running communication between my own devices or the Internet.

So I just wanted to share my experience and opinion on these products, because although there was a total price tag of around £250 to £300 on all this equipment, so may seem like bit of a luxury to some people who are maybe considering upgrading their home network, I feel in my experience its money well spent and I can definitely notice a very positive difference when working with my equipment, which is used for both Business and Home Entertainment purposes.

Last edited: