Suggestions for new heatsink

Hey guys. I need to buy a new heatsink. Problem is, i'm not sure which one to get. lots of people recommend the CM Hyper 212, but should i get the Evo or the Plus? if anyone can suggest decent heatsinks for a cheaper price the the 212's that would be awesome too. thanks!

cracker2

I can't suggest any cause I have no experiance.But here is better prices on them if you don't mind buying on ebay.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus(Manufacturer refurbished) $22.99 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-Plus-Socket-LGA1155-Fan-Heatsink-RR-B10-212P-G1-/271233389248?pt=US_CPU_Fans_Heatsinks&hash=item3f26c512c0

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO $33.24 brand new shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-EVO-RR-212E-20PK-R2-Cooling-Fan-Heatsink-/400552975336?pt=US_Computer_Case_Accessories_Tool_Kits&hash=item5d42d15be8

I'm not overclocking at all here, and im on an AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE. With the stock AMD cooler, my temps idle at 42C-48C depending on the temperatures outside. the highest i've seen it peak is at 56C but that's because i was keeping it low to test it. heavy load it hits 52C. i'm not looking for anything super fancy, just something to keep my temps below 50C or even better yet 40C.

AlienMenace

Remember these cooler's are big, make sure it can fit in your case. I have CM Hyper 212 EVO in my case. Really nice cooler. Runs my amd fx 8120 at 30 - 35c stock speeds.

Darren

Staff member
I have the 212+ and the same processor as you. I run at 4.0 GHz and almost never break 55 under full load. I do have a push pull setup going on with Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste. Each chip is different in terms of temperatures but at stock clocks you should sit pretty low with this cooler. If you don't have the space, get the TX3. What case do you have?

Thermal paste makes a few degrees difference too. Arctic Silver 5 is regarded as one of the best pastes without being crazy expensive.

salvage-this

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the advice, i think i've found my CPU cooler. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. I'm sure it will be a great investment for time to come. thanks everyone! :)